MASTERS / DIPLOMA IN EMERGENCY MEDICINE(MEM/DEM)
OUR MOTTO: to equip an Emergency Physician with a strong academic
and a commitment towards holistic patient care,interdepartmental co
and TEAM WORK
EMERGENCY MEDICINE IN INDIA
Emergency Care has been the hour of need in India for sometime now.
From CASUALTY to a full fledged Accident and Emergency Department, and from the concept
HOUR to PLATINUM MINUTES, Emergency Care true to its character has had a full fledged
,in leaps and bounds in the past few years.
The decrease in morbidity and lives saved due to the efficient emergency care has been
Keeping this in mind, the Medical Council of India (MCI) recognised Emergency Medicine
as a speciality
The range of medical conditions seen in an Emergency Department is a huge spectrum, and
keeps you on your toes many many years down the road. The adrenaline rush and the job
on doing your part for the patients in their hour of need is unparallel.
The raising need for quality and efficient emergency care has led to the birth and
of a structured academic program for Emergency Medicine.
People Tree Hospitals, Bangalore is proud to have gotten into this web of growth and is
and enthusiastic to do its share for the society in producing able and trained emergency
In a joint venture with Society for Emergency Medicine,India (SEMI) ,People Tree
proud to announce the commencement of the academic program:Masters/Diploma in Emergency
What is MEM?
Masters in Emergency Medicine is a 3 year post graduate academic program with a
in managing a spectrum of emergent medical conditions.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE UP EMERGENCY MEDICINE?
Lack of trained emergency physicians has created a huge crater in the quality care
the Emergency department across the nation. It is disheartening to know that concept of
hour is still ineffective leading to a death every 3 minutes is due to a road accident
to a report by the Transport Ministry.
Every minute counts!!!
And being a well trained Emergency Physician we can make a difference. Make a
difference in the
outcome of a patient by improving their quality of life and saving a life.We can be a part
setting a trend in the growth of Emergency Medicine in India. People Tree Hospitals is
to be part of this difference and trend and has launched a three year Masters in Emergency
(MEM) Program in association with Society for Emergency Medicine, India (SEMI).
This program is aimed at training MBBS doctors to be an able emergency physician with a
future prospect. People Tree has a well trained and dedicated team of Emergency Physicians
care of all ERs and EmergencyMedicine academic programs.
Who are the faculty?
The faculty will consist of trained emergency physicians having vast experience and
evidence based medicine and internationally approved protocols and guidelines.
WHO IS AWARDING THIS DEGREE?
The degree is awarded by People Tree Hospitals in association with SEMI [Autonomous
body in India], which is a full member of International Federation of Emergency Medicine
WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR JOINING?
Students who have completed MBBS from an MCI recognized institution can apply for MEM.
About MEM training....
It is a full time with us for a period of 3 years and will be rotated to various
departments for exposure and training.
The MEM resident will be paid a stipend during his training.
- Updated evidence based clinical practice
- Interactive bedside teaching
- Regular academic sessions in interactive classroom teaching
- Academic area with library and internet access
- Regular updation of logbook, assistance in creation of an academic portfolio
- Regular clinical appraisals
- Faculty who have been a part of National conferences
- Opportunity to participate and present in State and National conferences
- Parallel academic sessions for FRCEM Primary and Intermediate
- Guaranteed placements on completion of the Masters/ Diploma program
How to Apply?
- Download form
- Fill in the details with photograph
- Send scanned copy of the filled in form to (designated email id) along with a copy of
- You will get a receipt confirmation call/mail
- Date of interview/counselling shall be intimated
- Attend interview along with all valid documents
- Final selection list shall be displayed thereafter